Pages

Tuesday 4 October 2011


Yes, I do need a number of medications to keep the depression away. There is a chemical inbalance in my brain. But since I've had a hysterectomy (3 weeks post-op as of yesterday) people suddenly have decided that I will be able to cut my dosages and eventually get off the anti-depressants all together.

Fantastic - I'd love to not have to take all the tablets I take on a daily basis, but come on people! How is having my uterus removed going to affect my serotonin levels significantly enough to reduce my meds? Am I missing something? And why is it so important for everyone to know that I have reduced a dose or come off a medication???

I *need* these meds - I wish I didn't, but the proof is in the numerous times my psychiatrist has attempted to lower my doses from what I'm on atm. It simply doesn't work and I end up on a higher dose than before I started to reduce!!! My medication is my business & my shrink's business. It is *not* everyone else's business. If he says I can try reducing, no problem - I'm in! But until my *shrink* says to go ahead, everyone else can just f*** off!!!


to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment